Monday, May 12, 2008

Feminism is for Everybody: Passionate Politics, by bell hooks


I would recommend this book to anybody and everybody. While reading this book my eyes were opened. Although I've always considered myself a feminist -even before I knew what the word meant- this book showed me things that I never even thought about before.
hooks says that she wrote it as little manual on feminism that was easy to understand. Well, she achieved her goal. This book is easily understandable and although small at 118 pages, it covers subjects well, teaching the reader along the book. The subjects range from the history of feminism to feminist parenting and feminist sexuality.
When I find a book that I really, really like I prefer not to write much about, in order to not spoil the book for the possible reader. I feel that way about this book.

No comments: